EMERGENCY RESCUE DEVICE
IN CASE OF NATURAL CALAMITIES & POWER FAILURE
WHAT IS EMERGENCY RESCUE DEVICE?
An Emergency Rescue Device (ERD) is an electronic and electrical apparatus that provides emergency power to the elevators with 3-phase power supply, when the input power source or mains power fails. An ERD differs from an auxiliary or emergency power system or standby generator in that it will provide near-instantaneous protection from input power interruptions, by supplying energy stored in batteries through a dedicated Power Bank.
- 1. Smooth running during Power going off
- 2. Get off at any floor without any sudden jerk
- 3. No fear and Claustrophobia of people inside
- 4. Panel inside the lift to show the status of power and its back up
- 5. GSM card inside for live data of the back up system, prompt service
- 6. No damage of elevators for sudden stop or excess current at start
- 7. Complete peace of mind for Senior Citizens and Medical Patients
EMERGENCY RESCUE DEVICE
EMERGENCY RESCUE DEVICE (ERD)
Benefits of ERD System
1. Prevents Damages : The on-Backup run-time of most Diesel Generator backup is relatively
sluggish (from 90 seconds till 5 minutes or more) as mostly DG back up enabled lifts take time
to switch over. And mostly ends up damaging the lift's electronic mechanisms in the long run.
2. Saves from Disaster : An ERD provides a seamless and uninterruptible electronically controlled power supply to the lifts in all scenarios including natural disasters like fire and Grid Failure, specially for high risers in urban landscape. Lift has become one of the most important facility in any building. But In case of fire it is the first thing to be shut and strictly asked “Not to be used”. Survivors on the upper floors can come down even if there is No electricity.
3. Protects life : Another major crisis situation in emergency situations is when people are stuck in closed environs, especially elevators. This creates a fear psychosis through claustrophobia where people feel choked even if there is proper ventilation in the lift. American Journal of Psychology mentions that this can aggravate serious and life threatening situation for the occupants, especially kids, pregnant women, elderly and disabled people, and a small time lapse of 30 seconds can lead to unpleasant situations like fainting of people to a serious situation that can trigger cardiac failure.
An ERD enabled lift eliminates these horrifying situation while providing disaster resilience to the buildings, users and operators.
No Generator or existing ARD system can provide smooth operation of elevators like an ERD during critical period of a power failure saving lives of people in an economical and environmental friendly fashion.
Key Benefits of ERD
We at Su-vastika looking at the climate emergencies, hereby introducing our new ERD (Emergency Rescue Device) system accelerating an economically efficient decarbonisation of the power generation, heating and mobility systems, which has the key benefits explained below :
- NO Air Pollution
- NO Noise Pollution
- NO Vibration
- CAN be Solar Powered
DISASTER RESPONSE MANAGEMENT
- Fire Safety Norms For The Lifts
- Lift Accident Due To Power Failure
- At The Time Of Earthquake Emergency Evacuation of People
- Switching Time and the Power Quality
Total Cost of Ownership
- Sizing and Load of UPS vs ERD
- Less running cost of electricity
- Longer life of Batteries
Switching Time and the Power Quality
During the power failures the lifts generally goes to the Generator back up which is the main failure
reason of the lifts having technical faults. Generally the lifts when suddenly come on generator which is
connected on the whole building power system it has a sudden power applied to the lifts and that
creates a big problem as the lifts are switching on and off in between the times power is coming on and
off multiple times. This becomes the major reason of lifts failures most of the times.
ERD - Zero switching Time Which reduces the down time of liftBecause of this feature the down time of the lift is 90% reduced. Most often lift hae the maintenance issues because of regular power cut. The moment power cut happens. ARD comes into the picture which creates most of the fault in the working of lifts.
In the ERD the switching time is almost zero so the lifts do not stop at any occasion and the generators are not required at all so whenever power goes the lifts work smoothly without any jerks and that keeps the lift electronics and electrical systems running without any break so the sudden on/ off of the power is not faced by the Lifts and since there is no break in the power the smooth functioning removes the chances of lifts failures. The power quality supplied by the ERD is better than the power supplied by the Electricity companies as it is pure sine wave power and the frequency is exact 50Hz. The voltage supplied has the high stability compared to the utility supplier. The power quality supplied by the generator cant be compared by the ERD as it has a very stable and clean power as it is only catering to the lift load only.
LCD Display Messages
ERD - Solar Enabled
In case of ERD it is a green & clean technology which we can make it solar enabled system by adding charge controller and solar panels which can charge the ERD power bank thorough solar energy. We have developed the technology where solar can be added at any stage.
How is ERD different from online UPS?The online UPS is good for Capacitive loads and the lift loads is an inductive load and regenerative energy created by the lifts and elevators causes damage to the Online UPS.
The running cost of Online UPS on the Normal mode also consume extra power as the Online UPS is double conversion or triple conversion based technology and this cost lot of extra power bill to the consumer even if the power is available. Generally it increases the power.
The online UPS battery is always used even when the mains power is available so the life of the battery is always 50 percent compared to ERD.
How is ERD Different From The Inverter Technology?This technology is specially designed for the lifts loads only as it take care of regenerative load and the switching time is almost zero so the lift does not come to know of the switching from one load to another.
Also the ERD has all the displays and remote monitoring facility which gives you the status of the Lift. Also the lift failure comes down to 10 percent in case of ERD which do not control the lift failures.
How is ERD different from ARD?ARD is the device which is only used to stop the lift first and then it will take you to the next lower or upward floor with lot of jerks and turbulence which can cause heart problems with the heart disease people or pregnant women can have long terms issues in that state.
In case of an emergency, it cannot power the lift to take the passengers for the smooth operation of the lift as a back-up device.
Does it withstand the voltage & Frequency variation at the input power? Yes it has the fixed level of voltage controls where if the voltage in any phase goes below the specified level it changes to the battery mode so it controls the voltage and frequency variations also and the ERD has the capability to balance the voltages and frequency variations so if the voltage fluctuations beyond a specified limit changes the battery bank takes over the normal functioning of the lifts. Because of ARD lot of jerks to the lift system when there is a power cut. This becomes one of the major cause of lift maintenance.